Fall 2020 - Summer 2021
This school year, we’re not able to have Sunday School at church. Aware of the stress on families whose children are going to school online during the week, we want our faith nurturing activities to be a change of pace from the routines of home-based online education rather than one more Zoom meeting. We’ve decided to focus on Developing Family Devotions during this school year, at least until we’re back doing Sunday School at church.
- Click Here for a Simple Guide for Doing Family Devotions
- Click Here for the Weekly Reading Schedule in the Promises of God Storybook Bible
- Click Here for the collection of weekly Activity and Coloring Pages
- Family Devotions are times when children and their parents
take a break from the routines and stresses of life to be with each other and connect with God through Scripture and prayer. You can do this on your own with a copy of
the Bible, but many families find it helpful to follow a written devotional
guide. As a booster shot for your family time with God, we’ve chosen two new devotional books to
help you. We really encourage you to have both, because they play different positions on the team.
- The Promises of God Storybook Bible: The Story of God’s Unstoppable Love (by Jennifer Lyell). Age Range: 4 - 8 years // Grade Level: Preschool – 3. This will be our weekly Sunday devotional guide, 52 Bible stories that help us to learn about God's loving promises to us.
- How Great is Our God: 100 Indescribable Devotions about God & Science (by Louie Giglio). Age Range: 6 - 10 years // Grade Level: 1 – 5. This will be a book to read whenever and wherever - especially when you need a pick-me-up or a change-of-pace. It is filled with fun and spiritually-powerful lessons gathered from God's creation. It can be used to "spice-up" your Sunday weekly family devotion times.
Fill out the form below to participate in our Family Devotions program. There you'll be able to indicate your involvement, order the devotion books, or let us know that you'll order them on your own.
We'll be glad to cover the cost of the books you order from the church (if you would like to help us out by purchasing them you may write a check for $25.00 made out to "NCPC" and mail or drop-off when you pick up the books).
At North Creek, we recognize children play a valuable role in the life of our congregation. We have a variety of opportunities for children to learn and grow in their faith, and we always look for ways to learn from them! Our programs include Sunday School, Summer Bible Camp, and special seasonal events throughout the year.
Follow us on Facebook for updates on what's going on in Children's Ministry.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact: Pastor Kurt Helmcke
Sunday School - CURRENTLY ON HOLD due to COVID-19
Our Sunday School happens at 10:00 AM, the same time as our worship service, with classes provided for Preschool through Grade 5.
- When you arrive at church, check-in at the children's kiosk in the main hallway, then enter the worship sanctuary. After the Children's Message, kids are dismissed to their Sunday School classes.
- We use the FaithWeaver Now curriculum across all age groups. It helps us teach your children how to weave faith into every area of their lives through engaging lessons and activities! Each age group learns the same lesson and Bible Point each week at age-appropriate levels. For more information on Faithweaver Now click here. To download the Scope and Sequence of Faithweaver Now, click here!
Summer Bible Camp - in 2020 we did this as an online adventure!
A North Creek tradition, Summer Bible Camp is our church family's version of Vacation Bible School. Our church is transformed into a creative learning environment with fun songs, lively Bible stories, and incredible crafts! Registration opens by the end of April so families can include SBC in their summer plans.
Enjoy these updates from NCPC families during this season. If you would like to do one featuring your family, please contact Pastor Kurt
Hang tight while we look up scheduled events...