From John M. Perkins – a missionary to communities of poverty and evangelical civil rights activist – we’ll learn about God’s plan for unity and reconciliation among people divided by cultural differences, including those based on skin color. We’ll explore how the Christian practices of lament, confession, forgiveness, and repentance can bring diverse people together in the love of Christ, and we’ll be challenged to be prayerful and courageous in pursuing God’s vision for reconciled humanity.
Based on Dr. Perkins’ book One Blood: Parting Words to the Church on Race & Love (Moody Publishers, 2018).
We strongly encourage you to get a copy of the book and read it! It is available from most booksellers. It is also available to be ordered directly from the John & Vera Mae Perkins Foundation via this link: Order Books – The John & Vera Mae Perkins Foundation (jvmpf.org)
Schedule: Wednesdays, 7:00-8:30pm on Zoom
- Week 1 – February 24 – Special Opportunity! Live Presentation by Dr. Esau McCaulley of Wheaton College (sponsored by the John M. Perkins Center at Seattle Pacific University
- Week 2 – March 3 – The Church, One Race, One Blood (One Blood, ch. 1-2)
- Week 3 – March 10 – Lament & Confession (One Blood, chs. 3-4)
- Week 4 – March 17 – Forgiveness & Repentance (One Blood, chs. 5-6)
- Week 5 – March 24 – Serving God’s Cause of Love with Prayerful Courage (One Blood, chs. 7-9)
What to Expect Each Week
- Fellowship & Fun!
- Video featuring Dr. Perkins
- Interactive Presentation of the Weekly Key Concept
- Group Discussion
- Prayerful Joys & Concerns
Register Below to Receive the Zoom Link